Friday, June 15, 2012

Question From a Rescued Victim of Child Sex Traficking


This week has been a great one as weeks go, that is when it comes to rescuing victims of child sex trafficking in Svay Pak, Cambodia.  Two from a brothel, one from a karaoke club, and one from a virgin sale.  We thank God for the success He gave us.  One of the rescued victims had a question for me…"What is the vision for your ministry in Cambodia?  All the foreign men we know come to hurt Cambodian girls, not help them."

Her question and statement reflect the intelligence, courage, and resilience of these horribly abused girls.  And sadly they are a reflection on we men.  Foreign men in Cambodia, men around the world, it's time for us to choose whom we will serve. To quote Bob Dylan…

You may be a construction worker working on a home
You may be living in a mansion or you might live in a dome
You might own guns and you might even own tanks
You might be somebody’s landlord, you might even own banks


But you’re gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
You’re gonna have to serve somebody
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you’re gonna have to serve somebody

Please pray for the restoration of these girls, that the actions of foreign men in Cambodia will change girls'  perception of us, and for me that in the hundreds of choices I make each day I choose to serve the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Hi.
    I just wanted to say how much I really identify with what AIM stands for. After being involved in screening the Nefarious Documentary at my church as part of the Incurable Fanatics tour, I feel strongly called to serve God in this area. I am praying for you and your team as you continue to bring Jesus' light to these young girls lives and I hope to visit Cambodia sometime soon to witness the impact first hand.

    Blessings from Scotland

    ReplyDelete